Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary Roasted Chicken



What it is about a roasted chicken that makes me so happy? Something about it’s rustic golden appearance and savory aroma is just so darn welcoming. I roast chickens pretty often just for the heck of it. I don’t need to have a recipe in mind because I know you can always think of something to do with a roasted chicken like chicken tacos or chicken salad. Chicken always wins, especially in my house.


These three flavors go so well together.

Here is another one of my favorite roasted chicken recipes, lemon, garlic & rosemary roasted chicken. I still like my simple roasted chicken but on days when I want to kick it up a notch I go to this recipe.



Buttered up and ready for the oven!

It’s full of that fresh & simple lemony, garlicky, rosemary flavor that I just can’t enough of. The skin roasts up so crisp and well seasoned from the butter. Gotta love a chicken roasted in butter! Nothing else like it, sorry.


This lemon, garlic, rosemary chicken recipe also makes a mean chicken and rice soup if you have leftovers. The rosemary taste really good with the rice. I often serve this chicken with rice or roasted potatoes and whatever kind of veggies I have on hand. It’s an easy, simple meal with a great presentation.

Recipe type: roasted chicken, dinner
Prep time
15 mins
Cook time
1 hour
Total time
1 hour 15 mins

INGREDIENTS
5lb whole chicken, washed & dried
2 Tablespoons olive oil
½ cup butter, softened
2 large springs fresh rosemary, diced finely
4 garlic cloves, minced
zest of 4 lemons
salt & pepper
Fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
Cavity stuffing (sliced lemons, sliced onions, spring of rosemary)


INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 425.
Add butter to a medium sized bowl.
Add in olive oil, rosemary, garlic and lemon zest.
Stir to combine. Set aside.
Generously season chicken with salt and pepper, including inside of the cavity.
Brush the butter mixture onto the chicken generously covering up all of the chicken.
Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons all over the chicken.
Stuff the chicken with lemon slices, rosemary and onions.
Tie together the legs if desired.
Place chicken in roasting pan.
Cook for 45 minutes and then baste.
Return to oven and cook for another 15 minutes or until golden. Lightly tent with foil if chicken is browning too quickly.
Let chicken cool for 15 minute before carving.
Enjoy

NOTES
~TIPS~ Use fresh ingredients for the best flavor.